Saturday, March 14, 2009

It must be spring...

I had a great day yesterday. Lots of sunshine with WARM WEATHER!* and outdoor garden activities. Woot! Planted radishes, onion sets and more spinach. Raked out the blueberry bed and hoed up the weeds there. (It must be spring - the weeds are back!) I turned the compost pile and found two FAT worms, except I think I accidentally speared them... =( which in fact kills them. It's a myth that they grow in to two separate worms when cut in half. But hey - worms in the bin is a good sign. =) I wish I'd remembered to soak my peas the night before as it would've been lovely to plant them as well yesterday. As it is we're back to 43° and rainy. I soaked the peas last night so now I'll have to go plant them in the rain. Buggar.

I need to start hardening off my starts too. I've decided I don't like flats for starts unless it's a monocrop. Mixing my starts in the same flat has caused some issues with watering needs and the fact that some need to be hardened off before others are ready to be moved to the garden. Ah well, live and learn.

*It's all relative - it was a whopping 57° here but it felt great.

Weather: 43.2 °F with Light Rain
Windchill: 36 °F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Wind: 6.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 15.0 mph

No comments: