Saturday, August 1, 2009

Death Day

Yeah, I know I was supposed to post this yesterday for Garden Blogger's Death Day but other projects kept me busy. So without further ado... I killed mint. Yes, that invasive weed that most people cannot eradicate, the plant that puts bamboo to shame and gives kudzu a run for its money... mint. Deader n' a door nail. Though a lovely home for spiders apparently.

Photobucket

The good news? I have another whole pot of it that I actually remembered to water so it's doing just fine.

3 comments:

Daphne said...

Oh dear. I have a lot of death in the garden but I've yet to kill mint. I have a mint that isn't growing well this year. I think it has gotten too waterlogged. That one isn't my fault (I swear!). Mother nature is doing the over watering. Just too much of a good thing.

Ribbit said...

Could you still consider it to be alive since it's hosting those spiders? :) Man, does it make me feel better than other people loose plants like I do. I love this death day.

Just Jenn said...

Daphne, I have a terrible track record for killing things in pots. Once it's in the ground I do much better but me and potted plants aren't usually friends. Maybe my mint needed some of your water!

Ribbit, you make me laugh. Sure! It's still "alive" because it's hosting spiders... that totally counts then, eh? lol I'll get right on taking this post down then. XD