Friday, January 2, 2009

Snow no!

We flew back to the East Coast for nearly three weeks to spend the holidays with DH's family. We left on Dec 13th, on the 14th it started snowing at home and never stopped! It all melted (finally) a few days ago, just before we arrived back.

Photo taken by thespeak
All that snow created quite a bit of havoc that I'm glad we missed out on. Portland isn't used to getting so much snow - it's the most we've seen in 50 years! (19" fell) However there was no one here that could take care of any of my plants. I'm very, very glad I did that one last day of clean up before we left - I think I may have saved quite a few of my bulbing flowers. However the poor New Zealand Flax doesn't look so hot. It snowed again last night and mostly all melted today but still the roads were bad and all the plants seem to be languishing under the weight of the cold heavy wet snow. I think I'm going to have to research a bit to see if there's anything I can do to help out the poor flax. I haven't had time to get out and examine the rest of the gang. I'm hoping they're not too bad off... fingers crossed!

No comments: