Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If you can't garden, there's always shopping

I received a lovely little gift card for Christmas to the local nursery. It's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. Of course it's winter and freezing out so I didn't even bother to look at what plants they had outdoors. The kiddlet and I made a bee-line for the indoor part. I bought a few "unexciting" things like a soil thermometer, a compost thermometer (*squee* I've always wanted one of those! lol), a rain gauge and two boxes of dolomite lime to add to the veggie beds. I'm a dork I know. But it'll be a great help at planting at the correct time and getting my compost pile up to a good "cooking" temperature. Weee! These things make me happy. That purchase blew through the card in a right hurry. It was fun though. If it's at all warm (you know, above freezing!) tomorrow I'll till the lime in and attach the rain gauge somewhere appropriate. I might even tell you just how cold the soil is!

No comments: