Friday, March 5, 2010

The Seed Fairy!

Holy Heck! My *AWESOME* x-neighbor (from my days of living in San Francisco) sent me 30 packets of seeds today.

::jaw drops::

She's the best. I wuv her! I also had kinda a crappy day and so it was so great to get a fun package in the mail. Woo! Of course I have *no idea* where I'm going to plant even half of these... my garden cannot contain all the love. Foo. Maybe I need a community plot too! Well at least for the melons.
::feigns innocent look::
What?

I really want to try to grow some of the Moon & Stars Watermelon that she sent me. They are sooo cool looking! I hope I can get it hot enough for it to produce. Then again I might be better off trying the Cream of Saskatchewan Watermelon which does better in cooler climates. Or the Charantais melon (like a sweet aromatic cantaloupe). OH, the pressure to decide. lol

Never mind all the other varieties of tomatoes, herbs, squash, peppers, onions, brassica, etc. etc... Bah! lol... It's a happy bah, really. =)

8 comments:

Randy Emmitt said...

Jenn,
I have eaten Moon and Stars several times from our local farmers market, great choice! That is a lot of seeds!

So far planted peas and chard, so cold here we are way behind.

Annie's Granny said...

Ooooh, nothing better than free seeds! My daughter usually buys mine as a Christmas gift, which is so appropriate....the gift that gives back to her ;-)

Ribbit said...

Wow, what an excellent gift! You'll find places, if not most will store well, I suppose.

Engineeredgarden said...

Dang...that's the best kind of friend to have! You'll enjoy the moon and stars - it's really freaky looking....

Stefaneener said...

Of COURSE you need a community plot too. Was there any question? I wish I could grow Moon & Stars. We just don't get enough heat for melons. I'll have to stalk the farmer's market.

Daphne said...

I feel the same way. People were so generous this year that I'm not sure I can plant all the seed. I'm sure going to try though.

crystalzerosix said...

you are the photo lover...very nice picture's collection....

don't forget to 'follow' my photoblog too...
http://gambarankasar.blogspot.com/

Just Jenn said...

Randy - good to know!
Granny - you made out great this year too with loads of free seeds. It's so nice isn't it? Your garden will be bountiful as always.
Ribbit - not all of them will store. They were packed for 2009 so most only have a few years. I'm gonna try to plant as many as I can though, you betcha!
EG - it is freaky and that is why I must grow it. lolz
Stef - I don't know that we'll get enough heat here either. I'm gonna have to really work at this one.
Daphne - what else can you do? ;^)
Crystal - Thanks for dropping in. You have some very nice photographs.