Saturday, July 7, 2012

Squash n Toms

I wasn't sure if this was going to turn out to be summer squash or not. I had a volunteer squash plant show up in the part of the garden I was growing squash in last year. Could've been winter too. So far it looks like I got this one right. I pulled it up early and replanted to where I had room for it. I pulled up another one that I'm hoping is a winter variety. It's hard to tell as it hasn't done more then flower yet.
It's been a lazy year for gardening. I'll really need to work on my starts next year so I'm not just guessing at what I'm growing.
I've also been lax in my feeding schedule and I can taste it (or rather, not), things haven't been quite right. I pulled my first tomato out of the garden and it was a bit blah. I found that rather disappointing.

2 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

I always fuss about blah tasting tomatoes, but (knock on wood) my first three have been quite good. Discussing with others has me convinced it could be over watering that makes them bland, and I am certainly guilty of that!

Stefaneener said...

I have completely lost track of a few varieties. I just figure I'll guess later on! It's a lazy time of year, no?